Saturday, March 28, 2009

Solomon's Colonnade

Don’t think me weak since I obeyed.
For I am not so easily swayed.

It weren’t your hand which made me made.
It was the Lamb whose blood you sprayed.
Hung on the tree now gone, decayed!
‘Twas not your life but His you bade.
And on that day in the ground you laid
An innocent one, our bill He paid.
He did it ‘cause He is our aid.
So let not a Hero’s memory fade.

Or serve him, the darkness and the shade.
he would not, could not, make the grade.
In Paradise he could have stayed,
Now eternally in shadows he shall wade.
For Heaven’s Treasure he tried to raid,
Though not for diamonds, jewels or jade,
And lost and left with his parade,
To the Garden, to fool the maid.

Don’t think me weak since I obeyed.
For I am not so easily swayed.
I heard a call upon which I bade,
And travelled to Solomon’s Colonnade.
'Twas here I learned about the trade:
'My life for His' and hence was made.
His Song through me will now be played.
"Through Jesus Christ can we be Saved!"

No comments: